Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wisdom in the strangest places

Such as 5 Things You Think Will Make You Happy (But Won't) (PROFANITY ALERT!!!)

Conclusion: Stop worrying so much about yourself and shift your focus outward, to doing good and practicing your faith.

Psalm 119:14
I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.

Proverbs 11:28
Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.

Proverbs 30:8
Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

Jeremiah 9:23-24 (New International Version)
This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.

1 comment:

Gapper said...

Good advice. To stop over-analyzing (notice the word 'anal' in analyzing), keep your mouth shut, and just do it! (whatever IT is you're supposed to be doing) Wish I'd read this one day sooner!