Monday, January 28, 2008

Who are we to judge?

The following letter (edited to disguise the identity of the writer and details about the situation) was penned after what was clearly a very difficult choice:

I wasn't earning anywhere near enough to support us. Everything I had seemed to fall to pieces. True we could have gone bankrupt and maybe gone on welfare.

But that brings me to my second point. Knowing the type of location that one would have to live in plus the environment for the child plus the effect on them knowing they were on welfare was just more than I thought they could and should endure.

So that is the sum of it. If any one of these had been the condition we might have pulled through but this was just too much. At least I'm certain that they have gone to heaven now. If things had gone on who knows if that would be the case.

After it was all over I said some prayers from the hymn book. That was the least that I could do.

I leave myself in the hand of Gods justice and mercy. I don't doubt that he is a able to help us, but apparently he saw fit not to answer my prayers they way I had hoped that they would be answered. This make me think that perhaps it was for the best.

Also, I'm sure many will say "How could anyone do such a horrible thing?" - my only answer is it isn't easy and was only done after much thought.


After making and implementing the "horrible" choice, the author of the letter started life afresh -- a new community, a new job, and eventually a new spouse. A very happy life.

Who are we to judge what went on between this person and God? Who are we to judge how another person decides to deal with an intensely stressful situation, facing bankruptcy and/or the welfare rolls? Surely the rightness of the decision is evident in how life played out after the choice, right? Not great wealth, but a solid job, a comfortable home life with a loving spouse. Looking at the end results, surely this person did the right thing, even though it involved a really tough choice.

Who made the difficult choice that nevertheless proved worth it?

John List.

I'm sick of the argument that since abortion gives some women the oportunity to have "the good life" it must be okay. If you can argue backward from how much it benefits a particular woman, then you can also argue backward from the happy life John List had -- right up until the killjoys at America's Most Wanted spoiled it.

To email this post to a friend, use the icon below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"O woe is me...what are my options outside of murder? Gee, I can think of none. My life is such a mess--at least I can kill this child that grows within me...due to my own stupidity, of course. No, I didn't know a thing about birth control...Anyway, I will send this baby on to heaven. Besides, it's the doctor who weilds the knife, not I...so isn't he really to blame?"

Women who murder the unborn are murderers, period. When you say it isn't our place to judge them, it isn't a matter of judging. One only has to look at an apple tree and see apples to know it's an apple tree. Remove all the "woe's" of any pregnant woman's life and look at the fact of the matter: does she preserve the life of an innocent, yet unwanted child, or does she choose a quick way out for HERSELF by choosing to murder that child? There are so many options, outside of abortion, to help girls and women who choose not to keep the child they carry. There are simply NO excuses, big or small, to justify the barbaric act of "abortion." So many women who have chosen abortion in their young years pay dearly for that choice in their older years. The baby may be "gone" but the memory of the act lasts forever. Life changes, people change, circumstances change, but a life or death choice that you make will stay with you forever. Many women spend their later years in much anguish and grief over their youthful stupidity and the"choice" they made to murder their unborn. Stop justifying murder. If one has the balls to commit murder, they should own up to it instead of trying to cover it with the woe's of one's circumstances.